Pages

Friday 16 November 2012

Christmas, vintage clutch bags and flying rugby tackles!

I did something really quite naughty today- opened a Christmas present before it had officially had the opportunity to land on the mat. How could that even have happened you ask? Well let me tell you a little story…
I knew my friend had ordered me a gift online that he said I would adore. After a few days of constant grilling, he finally folded and told me what it was under the assurance that I wouldn’t ask another question or try to find it before Christmas day. So, what a serendipitous moment that I, of all people, should be there when it arrived.
Eyes locked (his in fear, mine in sheer delight!) we ran shoulder to shoulder through his hallway, hurdling the cat, still neck and neck. However, my last minute foul (jab to the ribs) gave me the much needed advantage to perform a flying tackle and snatch the parcel before it even had chance to land to the ground.
I made short work of tearing through layers of bubble wrap and parcel tape to finally discover the little nugget of gold- a vintage clutch bag fashioned from a French magazine. It's absolutely gorgeous and I’m glad that my rugby tackling skills have given me the opportunity to share it with you.



It’s all wrapped up now and I think this goes without question, totally and utterly hidden! Oh, I’ve got so many occasions and outfits planned for that bag- how many days 'till Christmas?
Love PmD xx

           "If you want to stays streets ahead, look to the past for your inspirations"

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, I met you at the Wulfrun a couple of weeks ago, and I've just found your blog through Vix. Delighted to be following you. The black and white photo in your previous post is fabulous.

    That bag is brilliant. No wonder you can't wait for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, of course I remember you! Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year! I've been a little naughty with my blog, but now all the festivity is over, I will be back and writing!
    Thank you for your kind words. I've been having a read of your blog and love it- you are a great writer. I've subscribed so we can keep in touch bit hopefully see you soon at another fair. xx

    ReplyDelete